Thursday, November 20, 2014

Why I do, what I do ( My Motivation)

I think it was late March or early April that I made a decision about my mornings. Before that I had a simple routine of waking up, having breakfast, watching the news and then getting ready for work. Probably like almost everybody else. Then all those articles came out about the health risks of sitting for prolonged periods. Quite scary stuff and yet that's the way I was going. Sure I did have a few times a week of exercise but still there was the pattern of sitting at home, going to work and sitting behind a desk and then coming home to sit around until bed time.

This was not a healthy pattern of life, if the numbers are to be believed. That's when I realized I didn't need to watch the news every morning.

Being a member of the Skimble website, I looked around to determine if I could put together a morning workout program.

I did and I have.

At first I would be about 5-6 different programs and now I'm up to about 45 minutes and 11 different workouts.

My routine contain kettlebell, variation of push-ups, wall sits, crunches and planks.

Planks are good because they strengthen the core. There is such a great variety of planks that one will never get bored. I'm especially enjoying the Wall Plank. Wall Planks are cool.

Now I've made the commitment of doing the workout programs at least 5 mornings a week.

Has it helped?

I believe it has, I find it easier to wake up in the morning and it does get my heart pumping. At this time of year it's important to do something, since the weather is such a demotivator. Plus any exercise is good exercise.

1 comment:

  1. Back when I was a faux morning person, getting out of bed was tremendous amount of exercise. But yes, moving is most important especially as we age.

    ReplyDelete